Monday, November 10, 2008

Review - Express Lane Meals

For your first review I decided to do my current favorite "Rachael Ray" I started my collection last Christmas and have built on that gift. But today I thought we would start with "Express Lane Meals" by Rachael Ray.

The caption on the cover says it all
what to keep on hand, what to buy fresh for the easiest-ever 30-MINUTE MEALS. The book starts out with a Keep it on Hand listing listed by storage area. This is great especially if you are just starting out and really don't have a houseful of cooking material and a great refresher for those of use just getting back into cooking.

The big thing I realized about all of Rachael's cookbooks is that she uses a variety of foods, spices and pizzaz in her recipes. She takes the ordinary and makes it seem new, she combines flavors I would never have tried on my own.

My husband and I are somewhat pickey eaters, but I have never been let down by one of Rachael's recipes. It generally takes me longer than the 30 minutes it states in the recipes, but that's because I am terrible at chopping, so don't go by me.

In this particular book she gives an express shopping list for each recipe, based on what you should have "stocked" already, she also provides some express shopping lists you can fill in and take to the store. The recipes are great.

The only down side is there is no categorization of the recipes, I don't really see a flow or an order.

There you have it, all and all this is a great recipe book and as long as your decent with chopping you'll be done in no time.

No comments: